As of January, 2019 there are 8 scholarships being offered by the AWAA. Scholarships are awarded based on a combination of G.P.A., an interview by a committee, references and personal need. Here are the categories and the individuals who are fully or partially funding the scholarship this year.
(4) “Traditional” scholarships. (Alumni donations, 50-50 collections and
other AWAA fund-raisers)
(1) Les Disher Ag. Sci. scholarship (Mrs. Doris Disher and the AWAA)
(1) Public Safety scholarship (Local law enforcement, fire departments and
(1) Skilled Trades scholarship (Mr. Pat Short-A.W. class of ’72)
(1) Future Educator scholarship (Mr. Fred Dais-A.W. class of ’60)
Please consider a donation to any of the above and specify which scholarship you are interested in helping.
Currently the AWAA has an anonymous donor who is willing to match donations up to $1,500. The AWAA thanks them in advance for their ongoing support!