Scholarships & Fundraisers
The AWAA spring flower sale has begun. This sale is to benefit the alumni scholarship fund. All ordering is done online and the company ships directly to you.
The flower sale will run thru June 1st. This is a great opportunity to
beautify your yard and garden as well as helping the alumni association toward their goal of
awarding ten $1,000 scholarships this spring!
AWHS/Penta Career Students!
Scholarship Info for 2020-2021
The scholarship application deadline was March 31, 2021.
Anthony Wayne Alumni Association
Scholarship Summary 2020-2021
(6) General Scholarships-GPA required: 82% or 2.75
(1) Les Disher Ag.-Sci. Scholarship-GPA required: 82% or 2.75
(1) Fred Dais Future Educator Scholarship-GPA required: 82% or 2.75
(2) Public Safety Scholarship-GPA required: 75% or 2.5
(1) Patrick Short Skilled Trades Scholarship-GPA required: 75% or 2.5
(1) Randee DeBolt Masciola Nursing/Public Health Scholarship-
GPA required: 88% or 3.5
(Female athlete, one or more varsity sports, attending an Ohio school)
(1) ROTC Scholarship-GPA required: 82% or 2.75 (No applicants this year, award carries over into 2021-22)
*Each of the above scholarships is a one-time, $1,000 non-renewable award.
- Be enrolled as a senior and a current student at Anthony Wayne High School in Whitehouse, Ohio or Penta Career Center in Perrysburg Township.
- Be a United States citizen.
- Must be planning to enroll in a two or four-year college/university or trade school in the fall of 2019 as a full time, degree/certification seeking, first year student. Fields can include: Agriculture, teaching, nursing, technology, public safety, skilled trades, military, etc. This is not an inclusive list of career choices. Other career options will be considered as well.
- Demonstrated volunteer commitment of time in the community.
- Have met a minimum cumulative GPA.
- Be available for an interview.
- Complete and submit the application by the deadline of March 23, 2021 at 2:35pm to firstname.lastname@example.org
2020-2021 Scholarship Application Form to Download and Fill Out:
*2021 Scholarship Recipients*
This year the AW Alumni Association sponsored a record 12 scholarships of $1,000 each.
Thank you to the communities and alumni for this great support!
Caitlin May (Sustainability/Environmental Engineering)
Robert Bartley (Communication Leadership and Strategy)
Analise Gouin (Nursing)
Haley Boyer (Kinesiology/Exercise Sceience, Pre-Physical Therapy)
Brian Lum (Business Admin/ Real Estate and Urban Analysis)
Jack Baumgartner (Finance)
The Les Disher Agr.-Sci. Scholarship-sponsored by Doris Disher
Jacob Zajkowski (Plant Bio-Science/Horticulture)
The Fred Dais Future Educator Scholarship
Isabella Serra (Speech Language Hearing Sciences and Spanish)
Public Safety Scholarships-sponsored by local safety forces and gov’t. entities in Whitehouse, Neapolis, Waterville Township and Monclova
Alexa Dorner (Firefighter, EMT/Paramedic)
Cameron Buraszewski (Criminal Justice)
Patrick Short Skilled Trades Scholarship
Blaine Hertzfeld (HVACR)
Randee DeBolt Masciola Nursing/Public Health Scholarship
Evelyn McClure (Nursing)
Congratulations to these seniors from the A.W. class of 2021.
Good luck from the A.W. Alumni Association!
*2020 Scholarship Recipients*
1. Les Disher Agr.-Sci. Scholarship-sponsored by Doris Disher
Tayler Common (Veterinary Medicine)
2. Public Safety Scholarship-sponsored by local safety forces and gov’t. entities
Chloe Rork (Criminal Justice)
3. Randee DeBolt Masciola Nursing/Public Health Scholarship
Emilie Gardner (Diatetics)
4. Future Educator Scholarship-sponsored by Fred Dais
Contessa Strothers (Deaf Education)
5. General Scholarships
Reegan Kehres (Animal Science)
Andrew Kemmer (Sports Management)
Jala Ehrenfried (Pharmacy)
Jillian Mundo (Bioengineering)
Mason Lyons (Actuarial Science)
Audrey Herman (Neuroscience)
Congratulations and good luck!
Flower Sale Fund Raiser returns in
March of 2021!
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 to all who participated in the fall flower sale. The AW Alumni Association appreciates the help with fund raising for scholarships. Hopefully, the bulbs planted this fall fall will result in a beautiful spring bloom in 2021!
Spring 2020 Scholarship Drive for AW Seniors
Along with four “general” scholarships and the Les Disher Ag.-Sci. Scholarship, the AW Alumni Association added a Public Safety scholarship in 2018 which is funded by area police, fire and village/township governments. This scholarship is now in its third year. In 2019 two additional scholarships were added. The Patrick Short Skilled Trades scholarship for A.W.H.S./Penta students who are interested in pursuing a career in an area that demands specific training or an apprentice program. And the Fred Dais Future Educator scholarship for a student interested in a teaching career.
In the spring of 2020, two more scholarships were added. The Randee DeBolt Masciola Nursing and Public Health Scholarship and a ROTC Scholarship for a student who wishes to pursue a military career.
These additions bring the total to ten scholarships of $1,000 each
being offered to AWHS and/or Penta seniors.
Our appeal to AW alumni, the public and to A.W. employees in the past has been a great help in funding our scholarships. We are hoping that the new specific types of scholarships will increase interest and lead to even more support this year from folks involved in nursing, the building trades and our veterans.
Donation checks can be made out to and mailed to:
Anthony Wayne Alumni Association
P.O. Box 2441
Whitehouse, Ohio 43571
You can also use the toolbar and go to “Donate”/”Our Online Store”/and scroll down to “Donations.”
Thanks for your help and support;
Jon McAfee-AW Alumni Association President and
AWHS teacher from 1973-2003